The Professional Riders Organization is a tax exempt membership organization. Our Mission is to provide a sustainable professional support system for riders of all levels, grooms, owners and event organizers through leadership, education and mentorship to advance the sport of eventing.
The vision of the Professional Riders Organization is to provide leadership to the eventing community by promoting sustainable world-class competitive experiences and professional development.
- Partner with event organizers to help create world-class competitive & spectator experiences
- Increase levels of community participation, corporate & media awareness of the sport of eventing
- Attract corporate sponsorship support to significantly increase the level of prize money offered at competitions
- Develop a support system for owners of event horses competed by professional riders including consistent recognition & hospitality amenities at competitions
- Provide professional development resources for event riders of all levels who teach, train and compete & for professional event grooms who earn their living caring for event horses
- Advocacy of issues that directly affect professional riders, grooms and owners of event horses
- Education and mentorship opportunities for juniors & young riders
- Partner with charitable organizations to generate significant economic impact & opportunities for our members to give back to local communities
- Create a network for professionals in equine related businesses
The Professional Riders’ Organization was founded in 2009 by twenty-five eventers who recognized that professionals have an obligation to strengthen and promote their sport. PRO works actively with the USEA and the USEF to help create and promote a sustainable model for the growth and support of eventing.